Remember the story of the grasshopper that ate what he wanted, when he wanted it, not bothering to store food for the rainy day, and the ant that always found and stored food?
This story is alive among humans; you can label people as either grasshoppers or ants.
Some are always concerned only about spending everything on the present moment, while there are others who always have a plan and work to secure their future.
How would you classify yourself? The grasshopper or the ant kind?
It doesn’t really matter which category you currently fall under; what’s more important is that you realize how important it is to plan your finances and get other resources in order to create a life of comfort for yourself and even for your family.
If you don’t know how to launch into personal financial planning for a secure future, a group of trusted investment planners and wealth managers have some tips you can follow.
- Work out a savings plan and base this on how much money financial experts say you should save in a year. Setting your target amount of money saved by the end of the year will allow you to explore various saving strategies to execute so that whatever happens, you can reach your target annual total savings.
- Work on becoming debt-free. Learn how to use your credit cards wisely and budget your income better so you can complete debt payments as early as possible.
- Create an emergency fund. This helps keep you from touching the money you’re setting aside for retirement.
- Save, save, save. Heed Warren Buffet’s advice: “Do not save what is left after spending but spend what is left after saving.” This will teach you not only to save a good amount of money consistently, but also to live within your means.
- Start your retirement fund. While you’re not earning much yet, try saving just a small amount; however, save more often. When you start earning more, increase the assigned amount of money directed toward your retirement fund.
- Explore investment opportunities that will have your money working for you. It’s important to include this in your financial planning ways to augment your finances. These opportunities will not only provide additional income, but they can also serve as your backup should you unexpectedly lose your job one day.
These are not the only tips you can use for personal financial planning; if you want more tips for a financially stress-free future, seek the guidance and advice of the experts who can even design a plan specific to your goals and your current financial status.
Here’s What To Do Now
Give us a call at 410-435-3270 or click here to schedule your consultation online, to help secure your financial future with the best personal financial plan.