The investment markets can be frustratingly unstable and are commonly volatile. Investors, understandably, continue to look for the next best vehicle or formula to take advantage of good market performance and look to change up their portfolio when the economic atmosphere slows. But a good financial planner can help strategize a strong portfolio with broad diversification, perspective and management.
3 key Maryland investment services will provide you with the guidance and structure needed to make smart investments.
- Customized Investment Strategy
- What do you expect or need from you investments? Establishing and prioritizing long and short-term goals such as planning to retire early or paying for college expenses determine what strategy will work best for you. Investing is not a magic formula but a highly personal equation.
- Risk tolerance is also a personalized aspect of investing and must be carefully matched to your risk capability. With a scientific risk profile advisors can measure your comfort level for conservative or aggressive investment strategies along with how much risk you can afford.
- Personal time horizons are the key to financial planning. Each person has different constraints as to when they can start saving, and how long they can remain in the work force. Your timetable for investing will also play a role in your risk tolerance, as aggressive investments are better suited for long-term goals, while short-term investment losses that will be difficult to regain should hedge more conservatively.
- Multi-Dimensional Investment Platform
- Probably the most important factor in creating a strong portfolio is adequate diversification across asset classes and industries. Gathering investments is an educated science. It’s essential to select investments that work together and inter-relate in order to position your portfolio for success throughout various fluctuations in the market. Talk to your adviser about possibly including Equities, fixed income securities, alternative investments index or enhanced passive strategies.
- Comprehensive planning adds another layer to a multi-dimensional platform. You can make your investment choices work together with your retirement plans, your insurance and taxes needs, and estate planning as well as work toward philanthropy goals.
- Expert Portfolio Management
- As the market fluctuates and life changes you need ongoing expert advice. Adjusting and reallocating assets can be a complicated process and require continued assistance. Periodic review of your portfolio will ensure you successfully reach your long-term objectives.
- Financial advisors also provide their clients with access to markets the general public does not have. Calvert Investment Counsel is one of a limited number of advisors to have access to products created by Dimensional Fund Advisors. These products are mutual funds used to integrate passive strategies “designed to capture specific dimensions of worldwide asset class returns having independent sources of risk.”
- Part of portfolio management is the administration of investment performance and tax reporting and efficiency. Advisors can track data to provide review and evaluation of each investment’s returns. They can calculate the tax liability and tax brackets on investment income as well as advise which investments can be tax differed to manage your money as efficiently as possible.
Smart investors seek smart services. Calvert Investment Counsel provides everything you need to build a strong, diversified portfolio that is well managed.
Your Next Step:
Call us today at 410-435-3270 or click here to schedule your consultation.
Let us help you build a portfolio that will achieve your goals.